* I've changed the blog address from www.sarahsworld.me back to the original (badly chosen, but I'm stuck with it) address of www.kiwikchat.blogspot.com .

This means that some links to older posts and old links from other sites don't work. :(

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Second hand goods


Mmmm, my mouth is watering in anticipation as I try to make a decision and choose one chocolate from the chocolate box held out in front of me.  My Grandad is visiting (to help care for me) from NZ and, as always, has brought some handcrafted chocolates with him. Eventually I choose what looks like a solid dark chocolate and take a teeny bite.

Yuk!

Me: Oh mum, you have to try this one.  

I pass her the chocolate.

She looks at me suspiciously and bites into it.  Her face screws up. Her eyes widen. Double Yuk.  

Mum: gross, what the hell was that.

We look down at the box for clues but the flavour guide has been left in the kitchen.  Unwilling to waste what's left Mum tries to put the chocolate back in with the uneaten side up but it is lopsided.


A little later :

Mum comes into my room grinning. 

Mum: Large Dad ate it, he didn’t notice it was second hand and he liked it.

We giggle and Mum slaps her knee. 

Me: what flavor was it?

Mum:  Bluff Oyster with cinnamon. 

8 comments:

  1. YUCK
    What on earth brand was that!

    Love Leanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, right! Don't worry you won't buy it by accident, I don't know the brand name but it comes from a shop in the South of NZ near a place called Bluff which is famous for it's oysters.

    That said some of the other chocolates were fabulous. Just not the Oyster ones..

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG how can that even be put in a chocolate! Perhaps if you'd known what was coming it wouldn't have tasted so weird?! Enjoy your Grandad's visit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah the famous Bluff oysters from Invercargill on the southern tip of the South Island... I recall devouring three dozen of the monsters one time when I was in NZ... Not so sure about having them in chocolate but I would give it a whirl... I never yet met an oyster I didn't like!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HI Annie, I don't think that it actually had oyster in it, it was just white and weird on the inside. urgh. Never again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. HI Displaced,
    3 dozen bluff oysters! They really are monster sized too..my hat goes off to you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. love oysters, love chocolate, love cinnamon... but I'm sure they were never meant to be together! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jen...definitely not.

    life is like a box of chocolates apparently you need to watch out for the oysters.

    ReplyDelete