* I've changed the blog address from www.sarahsworld.me back to the original (badly chosen, but I'm stuck with it) address of www.kiwikchat.blogspot.com .

This means that some links to older posts and old links from other sites don't work. :(

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

The important difference between heaps and piles:

I woke up this morning and looked around my room at all the piles of stuff. 

With my bed at the centre the piles are surround me in order of importance.  Closest is  my most often needed items, several water bottles, glasses, ear plugs, eye masks, my sik bag and b12 needles.  Then still within arm reach, but needing a roll and stretch are books, audio cd’s, dvd’s and chargers. 

A little further away is my jewelry (earrings ‘on’ means a good day), comfy clothes and some normal clothes ready for wearing at a moments notice. 

Then there is the shoe pile, shoes ranging from holey slippers and ugg boots to shiny ballet flats and decorated thongs (no I don’t have a pile of skimpy underwear next to my bed, I am talking about the Aussie version of flip flops) .  The heels are sadly, sigh, stored in the cupboard waiting and waiting.

Taking it all in my heart swells and I grin to myself, everything I need is right here nice and handy.  All neat and tidy in little piles.

I am feeling better again.

I am officially recovered from the post party crash. I attended for 1hr and 1/2 and had one really bad week followed by three below average weeks. 

The messy mixed up heaps of stuff that took over my room during the crash are gone.

Piles I can live with, it’s the heaps I struggle with.

4 comments:

  1. I am glad you are coming out of a particularly bad patch. I am very relieved to hear that I'm not the only one who has piles. I hate clutter but when getting up takes so much effort you need to make the most of it, and you definitely don't want to waste energy on clearing up! The only thing we can do is organise the piles like you have, at least we know where to get what we need.
    Keep the posts coming, it's nice having someone to "chat" about these things with.
    Katie x
    www.coffeehousediscussions.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Katie,

    Thanks for your comment :) I'm glad you have piles also.

    The state of my room definitely reflects the state of my health whereas before getting sick it only showed how busy I'd been or not been and mess radiated from my desk rather than from the bed.

    I just figured out that the tv table works better as a bedside table as it is on wheels so now I have an even tidier group of piles on that table. I can't stop looking at it and grinning. What a nutter.

    :) Sarah B (aka kiwikchat).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sarah,

    I've just discovered your blog & am enjoying reading your posts.

    I also live with ME/CFS & this post was very familiar, from the bedside table contents, to the heels relegated to the back of the cupboard, for now.I definitely agree my room reflects my health. Organised piles I can live with, but when my room descends to heaps it's not a good sign. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Alison,

    I'm glad you like it :).

    I miss my heels too and what they did for my (short) legs. I had a look in my cupboard and it turns out that they aren't all there, some of them have migrated to my Mum's cupboard. lol

    :) Sarah

    ReplyDelete