* I've changed the blog address from www.sarahsworld.me back to the original (badly chosen, but I'm stuck with it) address of www.kiwikchat.blogspot.com .

This means that some links to older posts and old links from other sites don't work. :(

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Where is the magic wand?

I am still looking for the doctor's magic wand, every time I visit my GP I hope he will choose to bring it out and 'abracadabra' make me well again.

Unfortunately what really happens is a discussion of test results (all negative of course).  At my last appointment he was happy to tell me that I didn't have various unrepeatable/pronounceable illnesses that I've never heard of ... while I am glad that he is being thorough, I can't say I was relieved. I guess I am thoroughly convinced that I have me/cfs and really not worried about them finding another cause for my symptoms.

So the result of my latest appointment is that I am now on Florenif, to try and treat the sinus tachycardia (fast heart rate).   It works by helping you retain salt and fluids in the blood stream and thereby increasing blood pressure. This treatment comes after wearing a holter monitor for 24hrs which showed, what I had found at home, that yes my heart rate hits 160 hb/min just standing up and walking around.

I am exhausted, I feel that I need to talk to a me/cfs expert and let them take over my health treatment plan, but it doesn't really work like that does it.  I have learnt that only you have a vested interest in getting better and have to be responsible for chasing up the right treatment for you.

I still have a few more elimination rounds head of me (eliminating other causes or other complications that might be holding back my recovery), then I will be talking to the local me/cfs expert.  I am looking forward to that step.  I'd like reassurance that I've have followed every possible path which may be contributing to the slow recovery and that I'm doing all the 'right' things.

 ..I wonder if the me/cfs expert has the magic wand?

Or maybe it's the magic words that need revising...?

No comments:

Post a Comment